SATO Group has Established SATO Global Solutions and SATO International, Accelerating Global Growth Strategy
Tokyo, November 11, 2014 - SATO, a global leader in barcode printing, labelling, and EPC/RFID solutions, today announced plans to accelerate its global growth strategy through the establishment of two new group companies - SATO Global Solutions and SATO International. Both companies will officially launch in January 2015, with SATO Global Solutions headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, and SATO International in Tokyo, Japan.
Back To News Listing
As part of SATO's long-term strategy, corporate globalisation and maximisation of customer value were targeted as focus areas to grow its business overseas. These areas were core components of the medium-term management plan executed over the course of FY2012 to FY2014, resulting in the following achievements in FY2013.
• Overseas Sales: JPY 28.3 billion,* a 153% increase from 2011
• Overseas Sales Ratio: 29.3%, 1 23% increase from 2011
• Overseas Operating Income: JPY 1.8 billion,* a 461% increase from 2011
• Overseas Operating Income Ratio: 6.4%, a 2.1% increase from 2011
*highest figures ever recorded
Mike Beedles has been appointed to lead SATO Global Solutions. Mr Beedles has a strong entrepreneurial background and deep knowledge of supply chain management, with over twenty years of consulting, sales and management experience/ Since 2007 he has led a specialised team within SATO America, focused on system integration, developing and deploying warehouse management systems, traceability systems and RFID solutions.
To ensure the rapid execution of the Group's strategy, Kaz Matsuyama, President and CEO of SATO Holdings, will also serve as the head of SATO International, allowing for central management of global business operations and close co-operation between the Japan HQ and overseas group companies.
About SATO Global Solutions, LLC
• With software development as a core competence, SATO Global Solutions will deliver a unique brand of Auto-Identification solution integration, covering hardware and consumables development, manufacturing and maintenance.
• The company will bring together SATO's engineered solutions from around the world and provide world class service to customers globally.
• It will focus on building strategic alliances, and provide one-stop solutions to customers in a range of industries including manufacturing, retail, logistics and healthcare.
About SATO International
• SATO International will integrate and oversee all aspects of overseas business activities including boosting earnings potential, improving group synergy, crafting and executing global strategy, supporting sales activities and customer management.
• Through the introduction of this new management structure, SATO International will seek to expand and grow SATO's overseas business, developing a core revenue source for the Group.